You can automate the process of parts ordering from generic providers: generating and sending quote requests, getting quotes and submitting orders.
- Click the Menu icon, click Operations, and then click Parts Management.
- Click the appropriate repair order in the list on the left side of the page.
- Click the Get Quotes button in the part detail view.
- In the Order Parts view, click the Get New Quote button next to the appropriate generic part provider.
- In the Generic Part Provider view, select the checkbox in the Select column next to the appropriate parts, and then click the Request Quote button.
Note In the part detail view, the part status will automatically change to ‘Quote Requested’ and part provider field will automatically populate the appropriate name.
The part provider will receive the ‘Part Quote Request’ email with a link that opens the 'Submit Quote' page.
If a part is not available, the part provider will select the ‘N/A’ checkbox next to it.
If a part is available, the part provider will add the part description, quantity, condition, price, and core price, if any.
If there is a similar part (ex.: from another manufacturer, in another condition, at another price, etc.), the part provider can click the ‘Add’ button and enter information for the alternative part.
Once the quote is ready, the part provider will click the ‘Send Quote’ button.
The confirmation message will appear.
Note Once the quote is sent, the ‘Shopping Cart’ button will appear in the part detail view.
- Click the Shopping Cart button.
- In the Shopping Cart view, enter the quantity of parts that you want to order.
Note The ‘Order’ button will remain disabled until you enter the quantity for at least one part.
If the quantity of parts is larger than the quantity specified in the quote request, the appropriate error message appears.
Tip You can delete the parts that you don’t want to order.
- Click Order.
Note If needed, you can select the ‘Show deleted parts’ checkbox to return removed parts to the shopping cart.
- Click OK in the ‘Order Warning’ message box.
Note The part status will automatically change to ‘Ordered’.
The part provider will receive the ‘Part Order’ email with a link that opens the parts order.
The part provider can save or print the parts order.