Core parts are parts that can be recycled or remanufactured for future sale, so the price of such parts includes a core price that is used as a deposit: when you return the old part to the vendor, the vendor pays you the core price back.
The core price is specified in the vendor’s invoice, so when you receive a core part, you can add the core price from the vendor’s invoice to the part in the repair order.
- Click the Menu icon, click Operations, and then click Parts Management.
- Click the appropriate repair order in the list on the left side of the page.
- In the details of the appropriate part, click the Core Price field, and then enter the core charge.
When a core part is replaced and returned to the vendor to get the core price back, you can change the core status of the repair order part to ‘Return To Vendor’.
- In the details of the core part, click the Core Status field, and then click the Return To Vendor status.
When the core part is returned to the vendor and you receive a credit memo from the vendor, you can change the core status of the part to ‘RTV Complete’.
- In the details of the core part, click the Core Status field, and then click the RTV Complete status.
Tip You can add the credit memo as a document to the part. Learn how to add a document to repair order parts.
Note The information about the core part return is logged for further reference. Learn how to track the history of changes made to repair order parts.
You can find repair orders with core parts in a particular core status to denote whether the core price has been returned or not.
- On the Parts Management page, click the drop-down button in the Search box, and then click Advanced Search.
- In the Advanced Search form, select the Core Price checkbox, click the appropriate core status in the Core Status field, and then click Search.