Auto-calculating supplements for new inspections
You don’t have to enter supplement amount manually while creating an inspection because now it is calculated automatically as the difference between the default price that is set in the Back Office application and the new price that technicians enter on device.
For example, you create an inspection which type supports supplements, and add a service which default price is $10.00…
...when you change the price to $15.00 and save the inspection as final…
...the supplement report is created automatically and can be printed or sent by email.
View damages as a list on the Visual screen of inspections
Now you can switch from the Vehicle view to the List view on the Visual screen of inspections to manage damages in an efficient manner.
Note By default the Vehicle view is shown when you swipe to the Visual screen.
To switch to the List view, on the Visual screen of an inspection, tap the List icon.
Note In the List view, you cannot add services, you can only edit and delete damages.
To edit a damage, tap the appropriate damage or tap right arrow next to it, and then on the Details screen, make the changes that you want, and tap Save.
To delete a damage, tap the Delete icon next to the appropriate damage, and then tap Delete.
Note You cannot delete required damages, there is no Delete icon next to such damages.
Tip You can also delete a damage on the Details screen by tapping Remove, and then tapping Yes in the confirmation message.
To switch back to the Vehicle view, tap the Vehicle icon.
Duplicate checking for service requests
Now when you create more than one service request for the same customer and enter the same VIN, Stock#, or RO#, if duplicate checking is turned on in the Back Office application, you will either get a warning message about the duplicate, or you will not even be able to save service request until you correct the duplicate entry.
Important! Duplicate checking can be turned on in the Service Request Type dialog box, on the General Settings tab, in the Check for Duplicate section:
- None means that duplicate checking is turned off, so technicians can create more than one service request with the same VIN, Stock#, and RO#.
- Warning Only means that technicians will be warned about duplicates (if the appropriate check boxes are selected), but they still can create more than one service request with the same VIN, Stock#, and RO#.
- Error with Blocking means that technicians cannot create more than one service request with the same VIN, Stock#, and RO# (if the appropriate check boxes are selected).
If either the Warning Only option or the Error with Blocking option is selected together with at least one check box, for example, the VIN check box, when you create a service request for the same customer and enter the same VIN, the appropriate Duplicates message will be shown.
If you don’t correct the duplicate entry, when you save the service request you will get the appropriate Warning message.
- If the Error with Blocking option is selected, you will not be able to save the service request.
- If the Warning Only option is selected, you can tap Save and service request will be saved with duplicate entry.