The Duplicates by VIN report shows invoices that have both the same VIN and the same service, so that you can see if any service was done for the same vehicle more than once.
For example, if there are two invoices with the same VIN and the same two services, the report will show four records:
- Invoice 1, Service A
- Invoice 2, Service A
- Invoice 1, Service B
- Invoice 2, Service B
Note By default, the period within which invoices with the same VIN and service are reported is 120 days; however, you can change the reporting period.
- On the Company tab, click Company Info; on the Company Settings tab, click the Duplicates by VIN History box, and then click the appropriate period from one month to one year.
To generate the Duplicates by VIN report, in the Search pane, enter the appropriate filter settings, and then click Find.
- Area/Team allows searching duplicates in invoices created by employees from a particular team.
- Client allows searching duplicates in invoices created for a particular client.
- Date From and Date To defines the period within which the searched invoices were created.
- Exclude Exported defines whether invoices with the Exported status must be removed from search results.
- Click the Export icon on the toolbar to export the report to PDF, MS Word, MS Excel, CSV, or TIFF file.
- Click the Next Page icon on the toolbar to show the next page of the report.
- Click the Previous Page icon on the toolbar to show the previous page of the report.
- Click the Last Page icon on the toolbar to show the last page of the report
- Click the First Page icon on the toolbar to show the first page of the report.
- Click the Back icon on the toolbar to return to the main report if you clicked a link in the report to view subsets of the report data.
The Duplicates by VIN report includes the following columns:
- PO #
- Stock #
- RO #
- Invoice # lets you click the link to show invoice printout.
- Status shows the current status of invoice.
- Date shows the date when invoice was created.
- Tech Codes shows employee Accounting ID.
- Invoice $ shows invoice amount.
Tip You can also see invoices with duplicates by VIN on the Invoices page.
- On the Operations tab, click Invoices; and then click the by VIN link in the Duplicates column next to the appropriate invoice.