When you run ReconPro QuickBooks Exporter for the first time you may get the following error message:
“This application has not accessed this QuickBooks company data file before. The QuickBooks administrator must grant an application permission to access a QuickBooks company data file for the first time.”
This issue may occur because you are logged in to QuickBooks as a user with limited rights.
To fix the issue
- In QuickBooks, on the File menu, click Close Company/Logoff.
- In the QuickBooks Login dialog box, enter administrator credentials in the User Name box and the Password box, and then click OK.
- Start ReconPro QuickBooks Exporter.
Tip We recommend starting ReconPro QuickBooks Exporter with administrative rights: right-click the QBooksExporter icon or shortcut, and click Run as administrator.
- In the QuickBooks - Application Certificate dialog box, click the Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open option for the Do you want to allow this application to read and modify the company file? question, and then click Continue.
- Click Done in the Access Confirmation message.
Tip Now when ReconPro QuickBooks Exporter has access to your QuickBooks company file, you can log off from QuickBooks administrator account and log in to QuickBooks with your user account.