You can use print template configurations to design the print documents of your invoices, work orders, inspections, and service requests.
- Features: Print Management
On the Templates tab, you can add, edit, and delete print template configurations, as well as set up existing print template configurations.
- To create a new print template configuration, click Add, enter settings in the Print Template dialog box, and click OK.
- To modify an existing print template configuration, click Edit, change settings in the Print Template dialog box, and click OK.
- To delete an existing print template configuration, click Delete, and then click OK in the confirmation message.
In the Print Template dialog box, you can enter the following settings:
- Category defines an entity type for which print template configuration is created.
- Print Template allows selecting a particular print template of a particular print package available for your Back Office application.
- Default means that given print template configuration will be used by default.
Note After saving a new print template configuration, you can edit its name and the Default setting only.
- To set up an existing print template configuration, click the down arrow next to the appropriate entity type, and then click the print template configuration that you want to set up.
On the Settings tab, you can see subtabs with various settings that you can define for selected print template configuration.
- To specify that the given print template configuration must be used by default, click Save as Default.
- To save changes that you made to the given print template configuration, click Save.
Note At the bottom of the page you can see entity types in which the given print template configuration is used.
On the right side of the screen there is a preview section that shows how your printout looks like based on configuration settings.
- In the entity number box, search and select an entity which data will be used for printout generation, and then click Preview.
Tip You can click Browse to select an external JSON file with entity data from a different Back Office application.
Note The Edit Options settings are not applied to the preview section.
On the Printout Options tab, you can configure all parameters available for the given entity type.
- To revert any changes made to the print template configuration, click the Reset to default link.
- To load a print template configuration from a file, click the Import from file link.
- To save a print template configuration to a file, click the Export to file link.
- To show parameters in two columns and hide the preview section, click right arrow.
- To find a parameter of the print template configuration, start typing the name of the parameter in the Search box, and the appropriate parameters will be highlighted with yellow background color.
On the Edit Options tab, you can set permissions for Invoice Editor that is used for in-place editing of existing invoices.
Note The Edit Options tab is available for invoice entity only.
Tip Learn how to use Invoice Editor.
On the Custom Styling tab you can change default styles of font and layout for different print document sections.
Note The Custom Styling tab is available for default print template configurations only.
On the Translations tab you can translate various terms shown on printouts, such as names of services and service types, damage size and severity, vehicle parts, and colors.
Note At the moment you can select only French (Canada) in the Language box.
Important! The list of terms available for translation requires custom development, so if you want to use print template configurations with translated terms you need to contact our customer support department.
- To make a translation, click Copy, and then enter the appropriate translation next to each term.
- To remove the translation, click Clear.