Before You Start
First of all, you need to check if your Back Office is subscribed to the ‘Visual Inspections’ feature.
- On the Company tab, click Inspection Types, and then click Edit next to an inspection type.
If there is no ‘Visual Inspections’ tab in the Inspection Type dialog box, please contact our customer support department and ask to turn the ‘Visual Inspections’ feature on.
You can use default vehicle exterior and interior images, or you can send us your own images (PNG file 300 KB max) and we will upload them to your Back Office.
Once your Back Office is ready, you can start the visual inspections setup.
Damage icons that you see on visual inspections are service types. You can see service types (damages) when you tap the 'Wrench&Hammer' icon in the lower-left corner of the screen.
You can use default service types or add your own service types and assign the appropriate icons to your service types.
- On the Company tab, click Service Types, and then click Add on the toolbar.
- In the Service Type dialog box, type the name of service type, select the appropriate icon name in the Damage box, and then click OK.
When you tap a service type on a visual inspection, you can see the list of services that belong to this type.
You need to assign your services to a particular type to show them in the appropriate damage list and with the appropriate damage icon.
- On the Company tab, click Services, and then click Edit next to the service that you want to modify.
- In the Service dialog box, select the appropriate service type and then click OK.
If you want to show particular services on a visual inspection, you can create a new service package and assign these services to this service package.
- On the Company tab, click Service Packages, and then click Add on the toolbar.
- In the Service Package dialog box, type the name of the service package, select Package in the Package Type box, select Exterior Inspection or Interior Inspection in the Form Type box, select the Is Marketing check box, and click OK.
- Click the Services link next to the service package you have just added, click Add Multiple on the toolbar, and then, in the Package Items dialog box, move visual inspection services from the Available Services box to the Assigned Services list, and click OK.
You need to add your visual inspections to a particular inspection type.
- On the Company tab, click Inspection Types, and then click Edit next to the inspection type that you want to use for a visual inspection.
- Click the Visual Inspections tab, click Add New Record on the toolbar, select the available visual form, select the package that you have created for visual inspections, click Insert, and then click OK.
If you want to see your visual inspection before or after other steps of inspection wizard, you need to manually reorder the wizard steps.
- Click the Wizard link next to the inspection type with visual inspections, and then click Up or Down in the Order column to set the order that you want.