In this guide, you will learn how to manage service requests in general by using the functionality available on the Service Requests page.
On the 'Service Requests' page you can see the following elements:
- Search pane
- Main toolbar
- Service request list
- Service request details
You can use the Search pane to filter service requests by status, date, type, and other details, or find service requests by typing keywords in the Free Text field.
On the main toolbar, there are several buttons that let you do the following:
- Add new service requests
- Use dashboard to see how many service requests are in each phase and status
- Use scheduler to see service request appointments planned for weeks and months ahead.
Tip Learn more about using Service Request Scheduler.
Service Request List
On the left side of the screen you can see the service request list with the most important details, such as:
- Phase and status
- Customer, service request number and date
- Assigned team and technician
- Vehicle year, make, model, and VIN
- Inspection #, work order #, and invoice # (if any)
- Icons (appointment, warnings, recalls, accept and decline)
You can scroll the list down to see more service requests.
Service request details
On the right side of the screen you can see the details of an inspection that you select in the list.
- The toolbar contains available links such as Timeline and Life Cycle, and buttons such as Close, Save, Cancel, etc.
- In the 'General Info' section you can specify service request team, technician, RO#, and Suggested Start/Finish dates.
- In the 'Customer' section you can select a customer, a vehicle owner, and a payer.
- In the 'Vehicle Info' section you can enter vehicle details such as Stock#, VIN, Make, Model, Color, Year, License Plate, and Mileage.
- In the 'Claim Info' section you can provide insurance information, such as insurance company, claim #, policy #, deductible amount, and accident date.
- You can add a description to the service request.
- You can attach files to service request.
- You can see service request question answers, if any.
- In the 'Services' section, you can add, edit, and delete services.
- In the 'Appointments' section you can add and view service request appointments.
- You can add tags to service requests to find them easily by these tags.
At the bottom of the service request detail view you can see the details of inspections, work orders, and invoices created from the given service request.