Inspection Editor is a tool for in-place editing of inspections in the Back Office application.
Note You can edit inspections only if your user account is assigned to the Administrator role.
Important! You can edit inspections in the New status and the Draft status only.
- Features: Inspections Editing
To edit an inspection
- On the Operations tab, click Inspections.
- On the Search pane, click New or Draft in the Status box, and then click Search.
- On the Inspections page, in the Action column, point to the Select button next to the appropriate inspection, and then click Edit.
With the Inspection Editor, you can do the following:
- Edit estimation details
- Edit customer details
- Edit vehicle details
- Edit service details
- Delete services
Important! To save the changes you have made to the inspection, click the Save icon on the toolbar at the top of the Inspection Editor.
Edit estimation details
You can change the date of the inspection.
- In the Estimation Info section, click the appropriate field or the value that you want to change, enter a new value, and then click Save on the toolbar.
Edit customer details
You can edit customer’s email address and phone number.
Important! You can edit the email address of retail customers only.
- In the Customer Info section, click the appropriate field or the value that you want to change, enter a new value, and then click Save on the toolbar.
Edit vehicle details
You can edit VIN, Make, Model, Year, Color, Plate, Mileage, RO#, and Stock# of inspected vehicle.
- In the Vehicle Info section, click the appropriate field or the value that you want to change, enter a new value, and then click Save on the toolbar.
Edit service details
You can change the amount and quantity of inspection services.
Important! You can edit amount and quantity of services with the Money, Percentage, Labor, and Parts price type.
- Click the appropriate value in the Amount column or the Quantity column, and type a new value in the Amount box and the Quantity box, and then click Save on the toolbar.
The Amount box and the Quantity box for labor services are labeled as the Rate box and the Hours box respectively.
There is only one box % Value for percentage services. When you change the percentage value, service amount is recalculated only after you click Save on the toolbar.
You can delete services from inspections.
Important! At least one inspection service must remain in the list.
- Point to the service that you want to delete, click the Bin icon on the right, and then click OK in the confirmation message.
Note Services marked as deleted are still shown in the list with a strikethrough formatting, so until you save the changes, you can restore such services.
- Point to the strikeout service, and then click the Restore icon that appears on the right side.
Important! After you click Save on the toolbar, the services marked as deleted will be removed from the inspection and you will not be able to restore them.