If you get any of the following error messages when you start ReconPro QuickBooks Exporter...
- The "BeginSession" method has not been called or it did not succeed.
- If the QuickBooks company data file is not open, a call to the "BeginSession" method must include the name of the data file.
...it can happen for one of the following reasons:
- Multiple instances of QuickBooks are running when you start ReconPro QuickBooks Exporter.
- QuickBooks and ReconPro QuickBooks Exporter are running as different users.
If multiple instances of QuickBooks are started automatically, you can try changing the Preferences settings.
- In QuickBooks, on the Edit menu, click Preferences.
- In the left pane, click General, and then on the My Preferences tab, clear the Keep QuickBooks running for quick startups check box, and click OK.
- Close QuickBooks, and then start QuickBooks again for the changes to take effect.
If the Keep QuickBooks running for quick startups check box is not selected, but you keep getting the same error message, it can happen because a portion of the QuickBooks program stays in memory as a “process”.
- In the Windows Task Manager, on the Processes tab, click the QBW32.exe process, and then click End Process.
Note The QuickBooks process may have different names in different versions of Windows operating system.
If the issue is not related to multiple instances, it can happen because QuickBooks is running as Administrator, while ReconPro QuickBooks Exporter is running as a normal user, or vice versa, so please make sure that you start QuickBooks and ReconPro QuickBooks Exporter as the same user (either Administrator or a normal user).
Note We recommend starting both QuickBooks and ReconPro QuickBooks Exporter by right-clicking the desktop icons and clicking Run as administrator, because even if your user account has administrative rights, the Administrator account usually has more privileges.