You need to take the following steps to enable sending inspections, work orders, and invoices by fax:
1. Set up an email-to-fax service
2. Set up a mail server
3. Set up email templates
Set up an email-to-fax service
The Back Office application allows sending inspections, work orders, and invoices by email, so you must set up an email-to-fax service, such as eFax, SRFax, Faxage, etc. that will send these emails to customers’ fax.
Tip Search for “email to fax” in Google to choose a service that suits your needs.
Note Once you set up an email-to-fax service, you will get a specific email address format (for example, fax_number@fax_service_domain.com) which should be used while sending emails by fax.
Set up a mail server
Emails can be sent from ReconPro mail server or from your mail server.
To set up a mail server
- On the Company tab, click Company Info, and then on the Company Info page, click the Notifications Settings tab.
To use ReconPro mail server
- In the SMTP Settings section, select the Use ReconPro Server check box, enter the appropriate settings in the From Address box and the From Display Name box, and then click Save.
To use your mail server
- In the SMTP Settings section, clear the Use ReconPro Server check box, enter the appropriate settings in the Server, From Address, From Display Name, Username, Password, and Port boxes, and then click Save.
Tip Learn more about the SMTP settings.
Important! We strongly recommend you to test the SMTP settings you have entered.
- On the Operations tab, click Invoices.
- On the Invoices page, in the Action column, click Select, and then click Send Custom Email.
- In the Email Message dialog box, enter your email address in the To box, and click Send.
If “Your message has been sent” appears, then your SMTP settings are entered correctly. If an error message appears, please, check your SMTP settings, and try again.
Set up email templates
You need to configure the email templates so that inspection, work order, or invoice documents can be automatically attached to emails sent by fax.
To turn on adding attachment to your fax messages
- On the Company tab, click Email Templates, and then on the Email Templates page, click Add on the toolbar to create a new template, or click (Edit) next to the appropriate template to modify it.
- In the Template dialog box, select the Attachment (Fax) check box, enter other settings, if needed, and click OK.