You can set up tiered commissions for calculating employee or sales advisor commissions based on different ranges of invoices amount.
For example, 1% commissions is calculated if invoices amount is from $1 through $100, 2% commissions is calculated if invoices amount is from $101 through $200, and so on.
- Features: New Commission Types, New Commission Rule, TechnicianNewCommissionsReport, ServiceAdvisorSalesReport, SalesAdviserPerformanceReport
To set up tiered commissions
- Create a commission type (optional)
- Create a commission profile
- Create a commission rule
- Create commission tiers
- Assign commission profile to employees
Create a commission type
- On the Company tab, click Commission Types, and then click Add on the toolbar.
- In the Commission Type dialog box, enter commission type name, and then click OK.
Note You can add tiered commission profile to an existing commission type; however, you should take into account that you can assign employee or sales advisor only to one commission profile of the same commission type.
Tip Learn how to add a commission type
Create a commission profile
- Click the Profiles link next to the appropriate commission type, and then click Add on the toolbar.
- In the Commission Profile dialog box, enter the appropriate settings, and then click OK.
Note Profile scope is not applied to profiles assigned to sales advisors.
Important! You must select Last 24, Last Week, or Last Month profile period when you set up tiered commissions.
Tip Learn how to add a commission profile
Create a commission rule
- Click the Rules link next to the appropriate profile, and then click Add on the toolbar.
- In the Rule dialog box, enter the appropriate settings, and then click OK.
Tip Learn how to add a commission rule
Create commission tiers
- Click Edit next to the appropriate commission rule, click Add New Record on the Tiers toolbar, enter value, fixed low limit, high limit, and then click the Create button.
- Add as many tiers as you need, and then click OK.
Tip Learn how to add a commission tier
Assign the tiered commission profile to employees
- On the Company tab, click Employees, and then on the Employees page, click the Profiles link in the Commissions column next to the appropriate employee.
- On the New Commission Profiles page, in the Profiles column, select the commission profile with the tiered commissions rule, and then click the Save Profiles button.