With Invoice Editor, you can edit invoice details and details of work orders included in the invoice.
Note You can edit invoices in the Draft status and the New status only, and only if your user account is assigned to the Administrator role or the Accountant role.
Important! You need to configure invoice editing options in the print template configuration used by Invoice Editor to allow deleting services and work orders, changing service amount, quantity, and hours, etc.
- Features: InvoiceEditing, Edit Offline Template (Print Management)
To open the Invoice Editor
- On the Operations tab, click Invoices.
- On the Search pane, click New in the Status box, and click Search.
- On the Invoices page, in the Action column, point to the Select button next to the appropriate invoice, and then click Edit.
Invoice Editor represents an invoice printout with the following elements:
- Invoice-related sections (for editing information related to the whole invoice)
- Order-related section (for editing information related to work orders included in the invoice)
With the Invoice Editor you can do the following:
- Edit invoice date
- Edit the Owner Info, the Customer Info, and the Claim Info sections
- Edit the Vehicle Info fields
- Edit technician split
- Edit service notes and price
- Void the invoice, add PO, and edit commissions
- Delete work orders from invoice
- Delete services from work orders
Important! To save the changes you have made to the invoice, click the Save icon on the toolbar at the top of the Invoice Editor. The Invoice was saved successfully message should appear on the toolbar for a couple of seconds.
Edit invoice date
If the Allow Edit Date check box is selected for a particular invoice type…
...in the Invoice Editor you can edit the date of invoices that belong to this type.
Edit Owner Info, Customer Info, and Claim Info sections
You can change the invoice customer and owner, as well as edit the Claim#, Policy#, Deductible, and Accident Date fields.
To change the invoice owner or customer
- Click the Name field in the Owner section or in the Customer section, select the Wholesale option or the Retail option, and then type the owner’s name or the customer’s name.
Tip You can type the first two letters of the owner’s name or customer’s name, and then select the appropriate owner or customer from the drop-down list with suggested names.
Note The Address field is filled in automatically after selecting an owner or customer.
To make changes in the Claim Info section
- Click the field that you want to change and enter a new value.
Note You cannot change the Insurance Company field.
Edit Vehicle Info
You can edit the VIN, Make, Model, Year, Color, Tag (license plate), RO#, and Stock# fields.
To edit Vehicle Info fields
- Click any field and type the value that you want.
Edit Technician Split
You can change technician split for a particular service or for all services within a work order.
To edit technician split for a particular service
- Click the Technicians link below the service name, select or clear the checkboxes next to appropriate technicians.
To edit technician split for all services
- Click the Technicians link above the services, select or clear the checkboxes next to appropriate technicians, and then click OK in the Changing default employee for a work order will change split data for all services message.
Note There are two modes of technician split: Evenly and Custom. By default, the Evenly mode is on, so the service amount is divided equally among all assigned technicians.
To set a custom split for all service or a particular service
- Click the Technicians link above the services or next to a particular service, and then in the Technicians list, click Custom.
- Select the checkboxes next to the appropriate technicians, and enter the appropriate percentage or amount values next to selected technicians.
Note If a service has a custom technician split…
...you cannot change service price…
...until you adjust the technical split to the changed price.
Edit service price and notes
You can change service price, as well as add or edit service notes.
To edit service price
- Click the price, and type the appropriate values in the Amount and the Quantity boxes.
To add or change service notes
- Click the notes section below the service name, and type new notes or modify existing notes.
Void the invoice, add PO, and edit commissions
You can change the invoice status from New to Void, add a purchase order to the invoice, and change the commission amount for any of the invoice work orders.
To change the invoice status from New to Void
- Click the Void icon on the toolbar.
To change the Invoice status back from Void to New
- Click the Unvoid icon on the toolbar.
To add PO
- Click the Add PO icon on the toolbar, type PO#, if needed, enter notes and select the Approve invoice after payment check box, and then click Pay.
To change commissions amount
- Click the Commissions icon on the toolbar, type the appropriate amount in the Commissions column for any of the work orders included in the invoice, and then click Update.
Delete work orders
You can delete work orders from the invoice if there are at least two work orders in the invoice. If there is only one work order in the invoice, you cannot delete it.
To delete a work order from the invoice
- Click the Bin icon on the right, and then click OK in the Vehicle will be removed from invoice message.
Important! After you click OK to confirm that you are sure about deleting the work order you will not be able to restore it, because it will be removed from the invoice immediately without the need to click the Save icon on the toolbar.
You can mark work order services as deleted, and then click Save on the toolbar to delete them.
To mark a service as deleted
- Point to the service that you want to delete, click the Bin icon that appears on the right side, and then click OK in the Are you sure you want to delete this element message.
Note Services marked as deleted are still shown in the list with a strikethrough formatting, so until you save the changes, you can restore such services.
To restore a service marked as deleted
- Point to the strikeout service, and then click the Restore icon that appears on the right side.
Important! After you click Save on the toolbar, the service marked as deleted will be removed from the order and you will not be able to restore it.