Print servers manage print requests that are sent from device when technicians print inspections and invoices via the Remote print server option.
Print Servers List
On the Print Servers page you can add, edit, and delete print servers.
- To add a new print server, click Add on the toolbar, enter settings, and click OK.
- To modify an existing print server, click Edit next to the appropriate print server, change settings, and click OK.
- To remove an existing print server, click Delete next to the appropriate print server.
On the Print Servers page you can also assign print servers to a particular area or team, so that when technicians from this area or team print inspections and invoices, they can choose only from assigned print servers.
- To assign a print server to an area, click the appropriate area in the Area column.
Note You can assign a print server to an area if your Back Office application is subscribed to the Area Support feature.
- To assign a print server to a team, click the appropriate team in the Team column.
Note If you select a particular team, the area of this team is selected automatically.
On the Print Servers page, after adding a new print server of the Default type, you can see its registration code in the Replace / Reg. Code column.
- To get a new registration code for a registered print server, in the Replace / Reg. Code column, click the Replace button next to the appropriate print server.
Print Server Settings
When you add a new print server or edit an existing print server, you enter or change settings in the print server profile.
In the Print Server dialog box you can enter the following settings:
- Server Name
- Server Type option defines an application service that is used for print server:
- Default option is used for PrintServer Windows Service that can be downloaded from the Downloads page on the Company tab and installed on desktop computers. After saving a print server of the Default type, you need to start the PrintServer Windows Service application, and enter the registration code which is shown in the Replace / Reg. Code column. Learn how to set up application for default print server.
- HP ePrint option is a secure cloud-based service that lets you print from anywhere with an active Internet connection. You can use the HP ePrint option if your printer supports HP ePrint, is connected to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active Internet connection, and is connected to the Internet. Note that before using HP ePrint, you need to turn on web services and obtain the printer’s email address.
- SMTP Settings option defines whether you want to Use Company Settings (default) or Use ReconPro Server settings that specify the FROM email address for sending printouts to print server of the HP ePrint type. Learn more about SMTP settings.
- Emails option allows to specify the TO email address which is a printer’s email address obtained for print server of the HP ePrint type.
- Area option allows to assign the print server to an area.
- Team option allows to assign the print server to a team.
Note Print servers are shown on the Print Servers screen when technicians tap Remote option in the Print Servers section on the Settings screen…
...and on the Print Servers screen when technicians tap Remote option on the Print Selector screen while printing an inspection or an invoice.