A client is a client account that you can create for each of your company’s customers. You can also create user accounts for your clients so that they can have limited access to the Back Office application data.
On the Clients page, you can manage clients, create client users, set client services and contacts.
On the Active tab, you can add, edit, and archive client accounts.
- To add a new client, click Add on the toolbar, enter settings, and click OK.
- To modify an active client, click Edit next to the appropriate client, change settings, and click OK.
- To move an active client to the Archived tab, click Archive next to the appropriate client, and click OK in the message box.
On the Active tab, you can also do the following:
- Set client price for services
- Create client users
- Add client contacts
- Search clients
- Export clients
- Copy ShipTo address to BillTo address for multiple clients
- Turn off email versification for all contacts
- Set start pages for client users
On the Archived tab, you can restore client accounts.
- To move an archived client to the Active tab, on the Archived tab, click Restore next to the appropriate client.
When you create a new client or edit an existing client, you enter or change settings in the client profile.
In the Client dialog box, you can enter the following settings:
- Retail and Wholesale are client types. A retail client usually has one vehicle to service once or from time to time. A wholesale client is a company that usually has a fleet of vehicles to service often or on a regular basis.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Accounting ID and Accounting ID 2 are client identification fields for internal and external integration with other systems.
- Export As is used when you want the data of the given client to be exported to another system for a different client (mainly to export invoices to QuickBooks). For example, if the given client is a branch of the main company, the client’s invoices can be exported to QuickBooks for the main company account. That is, if you leave the Export As field empty, the data will be exported for the given client, while if you select a different client in this field, the data will be exported for the selected client.
- Class (QB) defines the client’s class that will match the customer’s class in QuickBooks when exporting the client’s invoices.
- Email Invoices to Customer turns on automatic sending of final invoices to email addresses specified on the Email Options tab. If you also select the Include Inspection check box, inspections will be automatically attached to emails with invoices.
- Email Inspections to Customer turns on automatic sending of final inspections to email addresses specified on the Email Options tab.
- PO# required defines whether the purchase order number must be added to this client’s invoices. If the PO# required check box is selected, but PO# is not added to this client’s invoice, it cannot be approved, and further exported.
- Vehicle History Enforced turns on notifying device users of existing invoices with the same VIN, when device users enter VIN while creating a work order for the given client.
- Default Recipient must contain email addresses for sending client’s inspections and invoices email. Email addresses in this field are automatically copied to the Default Recipient field on the Email Options tab, and vice versa.
- Sales Commission defines commission amount or percent for client users with Sales Person role.
- Default Area defines the Area to which the client is closely located.
- Additional Areas can be used if the client is located near more than one Area.
Ship To and Bill To tabs
On the Ship To tab and the Bill To tab, you can enter your company shipping address and billing address in the following fields:
- Address 2
- Country State/Province
- ZIP/Postal Code
If your shipping address is the same as billing address, you can enter the shipping address only, and then click Copy to Bill To for copying the shipping address into the billing address box. You can do the same for multiple clients by clicking Copy ShipTo address to BillTo address (if BillTo is empty) on the bottom toolbar of the Clients page.
On the Logo tab, you can add or change the client company logo that is shown when client users log in to the Back Office application.
- To add or change the company logo, click Select or click the Logo box; in the File Upload dialog box, browse to the logo image file with PNG extension, click it, and then click Open.
- To delete the company logo, click Clear Logo.
Email Options tab
On the Email Options tab, you can specify the email addresses to which client’s inspections and invoices will be sent.
- Default Recipient must contain email addresses for sending emails.
- CC can contain email addresses for sending email copies.
- BCC can contain email addresses for sending email copies of which only their recipients should know.
Working Hours tab
On the Working Hours tab, you can specify the working days and working time of the client.
On the Client Services page, you can set the Client Price that will be used instead of the standard price when a service is added to a service request, inspection, or work order for the given client. Also, you can assign a default technician to a client service, so that when this service is added to an inspection or a work order for this client, this service is automatically assigned to the default technician.
Note You can specify prices for clients if your Back Office application is subscribed to the PricesPerCustomer feature.
To set the Client Price and assign Client Service to a default technician
- On the Active tab, in the Services tab, click Services for the appropriate client.
- On the Client Services page, click the appropriate service package in the Service Package box, and then click Edit next to appropriate service.
- In the Client Service dialog box, enter the appropriate amount in the Client Price box; if you want to put the client price into effect on a particular date, enter the appropriate date and amount in the Date and the Price boxes in the Effective Date/Price section.
- In the Default Technician section, click the appropriate technician in the Assigned To box, if the Custom Technician is selected, click the appropriate employee in the Technician box, and then click OK.
Note Default technicians specified on the client level override default technicians specified on the service level.
To reset Client Price to the default value
- On the Client Services page, click Delete next to the appropriate service.
Tip If needed, you can click Export to CSV for exporting client services into a file with CSV extension.
Note If your Back Office application is subscribed to the CommissionHourlyRate feature, you can specify labor time for client services. Labor time is used for technician commissions calculations when time required for performing a service is different for different clients.
To specify a labor time for a client service
- In the Client Service dialog box, enter the appropriate value in the Labor Time box, and then click OK.
Important! If you haven’t set a client price for a client service, its client price equals service price or package price by default, so when you set only a labor time for this client service, you must remove the value in the Client Price box before saving the client service, otherwise, the value in the Client Price box will be considered as specified client price.
You can create client user accounts, so that your client’s staff can log in to the Back Office application to see their company’s service requests, inspections, work orders, repair orders, invoices, reports, etc.
On the Client Users page, you can add, edit, and delete client users.
- To add a new client user, click Add on the toolbar, enter settings, and click OK.
- To modify an existing client user, click Edit next to the appropriate client user, change settings, and click OK.
- To delete an existing client user, click Delete next to the appropriate client user, and click OK in the message box.
If there are many client users in the list, you can find the appropriate client user by typing his or her name in the User box and clicking Find.
Note When a new client user account is created for a user who has not yet been registered in the SSO system, the registration email with a confirmation link is automatically sent to the user’s email address. The user must click the confirmation link, and then enter and confirm the password in the Registration form.
Tip In the Status column you can see whether client users are registered. If a client user did not click the confirmation link in the registration email, you can click Re-send to send the registration email again.
Client User Settings
When you create a new user account or edit an existing user account, you enter or change settings in the user profile.
In the User dialog box you can enter the following settings:
- Email acts as a username when a user logs in to the Back Office application.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Country State/Province
- ZIP/Postal Code
- Accounting ID is used for integration with third-party applications.
Roles control client users’ access to client’s data in the Back Office application.
- Client is an administrative role that has more permissions than any other client user’s role.
- Client Accountant is a role that provides client users with access to most of the client’s data.
- Client Monitor Manager is a role that lets client users work with Monitor and its dashboards, some operational and reporting data.
- Client Inspector is a role that lets client users approve or decline client’s inspections.
- Sales Person is a role that lets client users track their commissions.
- Sales Person Monitor Manager is a role that lets client users work with Monitor and its dashboards for tracking the orders in which the Sales Person is involved.
Note Features available for client users depend on your application subscriptions.
You can create contacts for sending by email the client’s inspections and invoices from device and some reports from the Back Office application.
On the Contacts page, you can add, edit, and delete client contacts.
- To add a new contact, click Add on the toolbar, enter settings, and click OK.
- To modify an existing contact, click Edit next to the appropriate contact, change settings, and click OK.
- To delete an existing contact, click Delete next to the appropriate contact, and click OK in the message box.
Note If contact email verification is enabled, but the validation email that has been sent to the contact is not verified, you can click Resend in the Status column, to send the contact another validation email.
When you create a new contact or edit an existing contact, you enter or change settings in the contact profile.
In the Contact dialog box you can enter the following settings:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Address 2
- ZIP/Postal Code
Note When you create a new contact, the following message is shown: Email address is not validated and validation email is going to be sent to the following address. It means that after you save the new contact, validation email will be sent and the contact will need to click the validation link in the received email. If the contact will not do that, contact email address will not be verified and contact emails will not be sent. If you don’t want the contact to validate the email address, select the Skip validation check box.
You can search clients by their First Name, Last Name, Company, Email, Phone, Address, City, State, and ZIP Code among retail, wholesale, or all clients.
- In the Search pane, click All, Retail, or Wholesale in the Type box, if needed, click client's area in the Area box, click client's class in the Class box, type the keyword in the Client box, and then click Search.
You can export the list of active clients to a file in CSV format.
- Click Export to CSV, and then click Open with or Save File.
Note If no filter is set in the Search pane, the CSV file will contain all active clients, no matter how many of them are shown on the page.
Copy ShipTo address to BillTo address (if BillTo is empty)
You can copy the shipping address to the billing address for multiple clients in one click.
- Click Copy ShipTo address to BillTo address (if BillTo is empty) on the bottom toolbar.
Note The shipping address will not be copied for clients that already have a billing address.
Contact Verification Disabled
You can turn off contact email verification for all clients, so any email address you enter will be considered as verified.
- Select the Contact Verification Disabled check box on the bottom toolbar.
Client Users – Start Pages
On the Client Users – Start Pages page, you can select a particular page that will be shown for a particular client user role when client users with this role log in to the Back Office application.
To set start pages for client users
- Click Client Users – Start Pages on the bottom toolbar; then on the Client Users – Start Pages page click the Start Page box next to the appropriate role, select a page, and click Update.