With QuickBooks Online Exporter you can export invoices and vendor bills from ReconPro to QuickBooks Online, as well as import classes from QuickBooks Online to ReconPro.
- Feature: QuickBooksOnline2
You can use QuickBooks Online Exporter if your user account is assigned to the Administrator role.
To open QuickBooks Online Exporter page
- On the Miscellaneous tab, click QuickBooks Online 2.
- General settings
- Customer settings
- Vendor settings
- Integration Setup
- Sign In / Log Off
- Connect / Disconnect
- Export / Import
- Exporting invoices and vendor bills
- Importing classes
On the Settings tab you can define how ReconPro invoices and vendor bills should be exported to QuickBooks.
To enter QuickBooks Online Exporter settings
- On the QuickBooks Online Edition Manager page, on the Settings tab, enter the appropriate settings, and then click Update.
- Account is an account receivable to which invoices will be exported. It is a required setting, so you will not start exporting if this field is empty.
- Service Account is an income account, such as Services or Sales, to which the income will be reported. It is a required setting, so you will not start exporting if this field is empty.
- Vendor Account is an account in QuickBooks to which vendor bills will be exported.
- Retail Customer is a customer in QuickBooks to which invoices of ReconPro retail clients will be exported. If you often export invoices created for many retail clients in ReconPro, it is a useful option to avoid creation of multiple one-time customers in QuickBooks.
- Retail Class lets you define a class that will be automatically assigned to exported invoices that were created for ReconPro retail clients.
- Use Tax Services defines whether “tax services” (ReconPro services of the Percentage price type with the selected Is Tax check box) should be included to the exported invoice. You can select the Include Tax Services option if you want invoice tax to be calculated in ReconPro.
- Export Payments adds information about payments to exported invoices.
- Treat Warnings As Errors doesn’t allow exporting until the issue which caused warning is solved.
- Overwrite existing invoices lets you update invoices that have already been exported to QuickBooks. In the Back Office you must change invoice status to Draft, make appropriate changes or corrections, change invoice status to Approved, and then export it again with the Overwrite Existing Invoices check box selected.
- Do not overwrite Customer fields defines the QuickBooks customer details that must not be overridden by ReconPro customer details.
- Bill AddressShip AddressEmailPhoneFirst NameLast Name
- Do not overwrite Vendor fields defines the QuickBooks vendor details that must not be overridden by ReconPro vendor details.
- AddressEmailPhoneFirst NameLast Name
When you use QuickBooks Online Exporter for the first time you must both sign in to Intuit and connect to QuickBooks. Next time when you start QuickBooks Online Exporter you will be signed in and connected automatically.
Sign In / Log Off
To sign in to Intuit
- On the QuickBooks Online Edition Manager page, click Login to Intuit, and then on the QuickBooks Exporter page, click Sign in with Intuit.
- On the Intuit App Center page, enter the appropriate credentials in the Email or user ID box, and the Password box, and then click Sign In.
Note You may have to verify your QuickBooks account.
To log off from Intuit
- Click the Log Off button in the upper-right corner of the QuickBooks Exporter page.
Connect / Disconnect
To connect to QuickBooks
- In the OpenID Information section, click Connect to QuickBooks.
Note If you manage multiple QuickBooks companies, you will need to click the company you want to connect to.
- On the Authorize the Sharing of Your Data Between ReconPro Online Exporter and Intuit page, click Authorize.
Important! If multiple users need to work with QuickBooks Online Exporter, we recommend sharing the same QuickBooks user account by multiple users. The thing is that QuickBooks Online SDK doesn’t allow multiple QuickBooks users with different email addresses to connect at the same time. To avoid the situation when one user must disconnect to let another user connect, all users can connect QuickBooks Online Exporter to QuickBooks Online under the same user account with the same email address.
To disconnect from QuickBooks
- On the QuickBooks Exporter page, click Disconnect from QuickBooks.
Note You may need to disconnect from QuickBooks and then reestablish the connection every 6 months after getting the Unauthorized-401 error.
Export / Import
You can export invoices and vendor bills to QuickBooks Online and import classes to ReconPro.
- On the QuickBooks Exporter page, click QuickBooks Online Exporter.
Exporting invoices and vendor bills
To export invoices and vendor bills to QuickBooks Online
- On the QuickBooks Online Log page, click Start Export on the toolbar.
Note You can look through the log to make sure that the appropriate invoices and vendor bills have been exported.
Tip You can see QuickBooks Online Exporter logs on the Log tab of the QuickBooks Online Edition Manager page and on the QuickBooks Logs page.
Note When approved invoices are exported to QuickBooks Online, their status automatically changes from Approved to Exported in the Back Office application.
You can import QuickBooks classes to ReconPro and then assign classes to clients, so that when you export invoices created for clients with an assigned class, you can see the class in the exported invoice.
To import classes to ReconPro
- On the QuickBooks Online Log page, click Update Classes on the toolbar.
To assign a class to a client in the Back Office application
- On the Company tab, click Clients; on the Clients page, click Edit next to the appropriate client, and then in the Client dialog box, in the Class box, click the class that you want to assign.
Tip You can delete classes from ReconPro.
- On the QuickBooks Online Log page, click Clear Classes on the toolbar.
Note All classes will be deleted from the list of QuickBooks classes.