There is a variety of settings that define how technicians can use ReconPro; however, you need to take only two or three steps to let your technicians start using ReconPro:
- Create teams (optional)
- Create employees
- Register devices
Note You must log in to the Back Office application with user account assigned to the Administrator role.
You should create teams if you have many technicians which are grouped by department or shop, or if your company works with vendor technicians. If you have only several technicians in your company, you can skip this step by assigning your technicians to the Default Team, which is created automatically.
To create a team
- On the Company tab, click Teams; and then on the Teams page, click Add on the toolbar.
- In the Team dialog box, type the name in the Name box, if needed, enter other settings, and then click OK.
Note You may see additional settings in the Team dialog box depending on your Back Office subscriptions.
Each of your technicians must have an employee account to log in to ReconPro on mobile device.
To create an employee
- On the Company tab, click Employees; and then on the Employees page, click Add on the toolbar.
- In the Employee dialog box, select a team, type the name of an employee, set password, and assign roles; if needed, enter other settings, and then click OK.
Tip Learn more about employee roles:
Employees have access to most of the mobile application data and features, but they cannot approve inspections and work orders, as well as they cannot see time sheets of other team members.
- Employees have access to most of the mobile application data and features, but they cannot approve inspections and work orders, as well as they cannot see time sheets of other team members.
- Inspectors have the same level of access as employees, but they can approve inspections and work orders.
- Managers have full access to all mobile application data and features.
Registration process includes getting a registration code and entering it on device.
To get a registration code
- On the Company tab, click Manage Devices; and then on the Active Devices page, in the Pending Registrations section, click Add New Devices.
- In the Device dialog box, on the Device Settings tab, select the team in the Team box, select a license in the Lic.# box, if needed, enter other settings, and then click OK.
Important! By default the registration code will expire in 15 minutes after you click OK, so if you are not sure that the code can be entered on device within 15 minutes, you can change the expiration period in the Expires In setting. Also we recommend installing ReconPro on device before getting registration code in the Back Office application.
Note If it is the technician who should enter the code on device, specify the technician’s email address in the Email box, and the registration code will be sent to technician by email. If you register technician’s device, you can see the registration code in the Reg. Code column, in the Pending Registrations section.
To register a device
- Open ReconPro on device; on the Verification screen, type the registration code, tap Verify.
Note If the registration code has been successfully verified, on the Login screen, tap the appropriate user, type user’s password, and then tap OK.